Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran

I have a pus bump in the front roof of my mouth that comes

Customer Question

I have a pus bump in the front roof of my mouth that comes and goes
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: This pimple is filled with pus during the day but not every day. Some days it if
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: No, been rinsing with warm salt water, & peroxide, it's not painful
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It's not painful, when I press on it with my tongue, I feel sensation in one of teeth
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: No pain and no swelling of face
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for posting your question today.

From your description it appears that you may have a fistula associated with either an abscess of a front tooth or a nasopalatine abscess which does not involve any teeth. The reason the "pus bump" comes and goes is because when it fills with pus it is evident to you and then when it drains it appears to be gone. This is why there is no additional swelling or pain because the pressure is constantly being relived due to the drainage. I suggest you call you dentist for an Xray and examination to properly diagnose the etiology of your problem. In either case it is an easy fix so there is no need to worry. It is not an emergency because you have the drainage but please do not put it off too long. Hope this helps. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Hi, did you need more information?