Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I have the x-ray - can I see decay on it or is the decay, if

Customer Question

I have the x-ray - can I see decay on it or is the decay, if any, on the inside of the tooth. Also, do I have only two options, a root canal or an abstraction - will my oral surgeon be able to tell me is I can possibly save the tooth in another way ...
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 5 months ago.

If you can upload the X-ray,I can tell you what your options with the tooth are.If a tooth is infected,there are two options..root canal therapy or extraction.The only other option is intentional replantation but this option is a last resort and without seeing the X-ray,I cannot determine if this option is open to you.

Expert:  Dr. G replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like you need root canal + crown or extraction

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 5 months ago.

Do you have the xray to upload or do you need any more information?