Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Can I take an antibiotic with pycnogenol. I have an abcess

Customer Question

can I take an antibiotic with pycnogenol. I have an abcess in my jaw
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 5 months ago.

There are no known contraindications or interactions that would interfere with clindamycin in combination with pycnogencol.It will be important though to get the proper treatment for the abscess especially if it is tooth related.Antibiotics will only stop the spread of infection temporarily.If the tooth is not treated,the infection will persist.Remember also that it will take 48 to 72 hours to begin to see the effects of the clindamycin.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions ,please leave a rating so that I can move on with other customers,Thanks.