Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist
Experience:  OMS
94852287

I had implants put in recently and in an Xray i seen a screw

Customer Question

I had implants put in recently and in an Xray i seen a screw in my gum below my dental implant. I asked the surgeon about this and and he said that it is screwed to the bone.
I said then why am I seeing the entire screw in my mouth below the implant. He said its the way the Xray was taken. I asked if this would ever be a problem for me and he said he
couldn't guarantee but so far there has been no problems. It is right by my sinuses. What should or can I do about this? Or should i be concerned and can this move in my gums?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 9 months ago.

Is there any chance that you can upload the xray so that I can be clear about what you are describing?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 9 months ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Dr. G replied 9 months ago.

To me this sounds like it is a membrane screw which is a separate entity from the dental implant.