Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had a feeling fall out month or longer was putting temp

Customer Question

I had a feeling fall out month or longer was putting temp feeling in it then noticed few weeks ago a hole is open in the gum and getting bigger. I got an antibiotic but ran out and didn't tell Doctor about the hole she said my gland was swollen to but now seeing white flashes and scared it went to my brain
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: After took antibiotic the pain moved to other side of my mouth but gum is hurting right above my teeth on opposite sides of the hole
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It he hole is in my gum were feeling was the tooth has broken so I can feel it with my tongue it is back tooth
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Nothing has gone to your brain, I can assure you. The white flashes you are seeing are not related to the tooth.

What your doctor meant by your gland being swollen, is simply your lymph nodes which is very normal under any dental or facial infection.

From what you describe, you need dental treatment urgently, a root canal most likely. Do not self medicate with antibiotics any more, please seek an appointment with your dentist for treating that tooth.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere