Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist
Experience:  OMS

I had my wisdom tooth removed 2 days ago and my nostril is

Customer Question

Hi.. I had my wisdom tooth removed 2 days ago and my nostril is having sharp pain and is congested
JA: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: No pain in just stiches area.. My nostril is leaking
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: My right top and bottom was removed and my right nostril is clogged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

It is extremely unlikely that a leaky or clogged nose has anything to do with a wisdom tooth extraction.

It is more likely that you have a coincidental upper respiratory tract infection. Are you taking any antibiotics ? If no, please ask for a prescription from your physician or dentist. And also take a decongestant tablet for 4-5 days to clear up the nasal issue.

Also, please return to your dentist so that a X ray can be made to check if everything is ok with the extraction socket.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. G replied 4 months ago.

Absolutely incorrect. A 3rd molar can often have a sinus communication and the drainage of the maxillary sinus is the nasal cavity.