Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had most of my teeth removed and replaced with implants.

Customer Question

I had most of my teeth removed and replaced with implants. there was one particular area that had a small gap in the bottom corner where 2 implants meet that food would get stuck in. Ive gotten into the habit of pulling the food out after every meal.
Well now I am receiving pain there pain goes from gums to cheeks. I started rinsing out with mouthwash and salt water the pain seems to be getting worse before it was manageable and was only a slight pain now its getting more painful. What else can I do to get rid of this please don't say go to dentist cause I just cant afford it with now will cost a fortune.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like you could have gotten an infection there because of food getting stuck there regularly.

You will likely require a course of an antibiotic to help with the infection, for which, unfortunately, you would have to see the doctor.

Meanwhile for the pain you can try taking OTC motrin or aleve which will help relieve your pain.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards