Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had been diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation last 10

Customer Question

Hi I have had been diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation for the last 10 weeks i am not on any medicated treatment yet except asprin. I also suffer from neck pain was told it was degenerative spine. However 6 weeks ago April 28 i had my bottom left wisdom tooth extracted it was a dead tooth for the last 7yrs with some infection after 2 days of full extraction i had dry socket and in pain and on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Pain has settled but still very sensitive n sore if pressed hard. Since extraction i have also had terrible dryness at the roof of my mouth and throat which comes and goes but its so badi think i need to go hospital or i cant swallow or breathe...The Dr just tested me for strep throat but other than that does not know why??😩 My Dentist looks puzzled to andon top of that on tbe right side at the top of my gums and cheeks i get pain which can go up to my head and right eye... Why dont they do some tests and start eliminating n yicking off the boxes...Help
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: I have had it for 4 years now...Yes i get numbness and tingling
JA: Is there anything else the Dentist should be aware of?
Customer: I told him my jaw crackles when i open my mouth wide
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi

What is your question exactly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since my wisdom tooth extraction 6 weeksI ago. I have had 3-4 incidents of dry mouth and throat (roof of my mouth) this will last 2-3days and than go away. But in the last 3 days its worse I cant taste my food, it hurts swallowing and im having breathing difficulty from it...My Dr, Dentist or ER dont know what could be causing it...(well if their not gonna test me for anything how will we ever know�� I cant live like this i cant even taste my food. I strongly believe its a dental issue. Can you please tell me what Questions or tests i should request from my Dentist? to do to tick off the boxes.

YOu need to see an ENT doctor.

Testing will depend on exam, but should include smell and taste testing.

Ear nose and throat specialist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/