Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

I wear top dentures and my face has begun to swell very

Customer Question

I wear top dentures and my face has begun to swell very badly! Just my left side
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Just started today but getting worse and seem to have no other skin issues just under a lot of stress at this time of my life
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No nothing I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 4 months ago.

Hello there,

If your face is swelling badly it is likely you have an infection. It's not possible for me to tell you the exact source of the problem without doing a clinical evaluation. But if you have a full upper denture and have no upper teeth, there is a strong chance that the source of the issue is a lower tooth on the left side and likely infection. Stress in your life might contribute to teeth clenching and jaw pain, but generally not sever swelling. I would strongly recommend that you call your dentist for full evaluation and a likley prescription for the correct antibiotic medication. The dentist will take an xray which will likely reveal the source and specific nature of your issue. You'd be wise to do this as soon as you can to avoid the swelling (and possible infection)getting worse.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating for my effort.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Do you need additional information to answer your question ?