Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Quot;I want a few of my teeth pulled. The teeth do not look

Customer Question

quot;I want a few of my teeth pulled. The teeth do not look unhealthy, and they are not. However the position they are in is making me very sick. I have had orthodontics for the last 4 years, the teeth will not move. Ten years ago, they moved very fast when I got braces for the first time, and yanked on the wire right before the end of my treatment. When I did that, ALL my (uppers only) teeth moved very fast one after the other all over to the right side of my mouth. My right molars moved waaay back in there, and then I got the braces off, in that condition. Problem is, the teeth, the bacck molars continued to pull all the other teeth, even with the braces off, and it did not stop, or get better, or stay the same, the teeth have continued to pull ever since. It pulled the right side of my face so much, my sinus collapsed (via xray) and I can't breathe into that passaway on my face. It has pulled my skull down, now my ears ring real bad, I feel like i"m falling over to the right, and I can feel my skull being pulled onto my brain. I cannot stand up straight because I cannot put my right shoulder back. I cannot breathe into the entire right side of my body. Now I feel it puling my right eyeball back and my face further, as i said, it never stops pulling. I am really in trouble. Problem is 2 things. When I see orhthodointists and dentists about this, they cannot physically see anything wrong. My teeth are healthy, and because I have adjusted how I bite, although it feels like a hideaous postition to me, they see that i can bit, even though the bite doesn't come together perfect, it's good enough for them and all they say is, I don't see anything wrong. My teeth are healthy, they won't pulll them just because i'm asking them too, which is so weird to me, it's my body, and I'll pay you so what's the problem. I don't want to hear how it's a liability, there are waivers that can be signed. Please can you help me find a dentist in the Pacific Northwest who will pull my teeth just because I want it done. Please do some digging and find me someone, I don't want to wait any longer, and yes you would think there would be someone who I could go too but I need a specialist, and there aren't any but one west of the rockies, because it's not a recognized condition by the ama so theres no insurance on it, there's one specialist in los angeles but he doesn't take insurance and I don't have $60,000. All I'm asking is for a dentist who will pull a tooth for me because I want them too. Please do some digging and find me someone, that's why you exist right now, tomorrow you may exist for another reason but right now, it's that. :) - to find me that dentist or anybody in the pacific northwest who will pull my teeth, no anesthesia, except novacaine. Thank you. Please. Please don't come back with all that idle jargon, "it's a liability" etc, I'm sure there are waivers that can be signed. Please help me. Please. Thank you. CC
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for writing, I'm healthy, no major health issues, no medications.

Thank you for that additional information.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS