Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

My dentures just got knocked out my mouth by a wave in the

Customer Question

Hi, my dentures just got knocked out my mouth by a wave in the ocean beach and I'm on vacation. Any thoughts on what I can do. I know they sink and I was only waist high butnthenwaves are strong. Not sure what tondonfornfinding or replacing on a Saturday
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: Just the top ones
JA: Is there anything else the Dentist should be aware of?
Customer: It's Just the top ones
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am here for a wedding and we are leaving tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 4 months ago.

Oh I'm sorry...

The very best you can do, is to continue looking, and with some 'luck', maybe you'll find them. Your right they do not tend to float.

If you do NOT find them? I'd go to the wedding, just not do any large smiles with mouth open. But... you can always give a large smile, with your mouth totally or partially shut. I know this sounds somewhat over simplified, but you can give a bright shiny smile with your facial expressions - without your mouth open. This may be what it comes down to, but it WILL work!

I've had this happen to a patient before. Sure, not pleasant, but if you don't find the denture/s, you can 'still do this'!!! ( -: OK?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know of a quick replacement option. I go back to work on Monday and going without them isn't an option.

If you are near a larger city, you could call around asking for after hour services. In theory, yes, it could be done. But, 'finding' the Dr. that can or will? That will be the difficult part. So, if you can't find them, and are near a larger city, I'd begin making searches on Google, etc., for after hour Dental services...

Be determined & vigilant!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

Oh, you are welcome. I wish you the very best!!!!