Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

Please, evaluate provided icat scans of before and after.

Customer Question

Please, evaluate provided icat scans of before and after. What changes do you see and what is your opinion on those changes?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 4 months ago.

Hello, what were these scans made for? What treatment was carried out? The ones you have sent are 3D reconstruction images, please upload the actual CT images. And reply with as much history with approximate timeline, and other information as possible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
These scans were provided by my oral surgeon and these are the only ones I have. I am not really familiar with the difference between the 3d reconstruction images and CT images? Can you please clarify? I underwent 2 sugeries - first surgery with souble jaw surgery and sliding genioplasty, the second surgery was revision sliding genioplasty and contuoring of the lower jaw. I think 2nd surgery has significantly altered my facial appereance and in fact changed the form of my face. I see that the chin was moves to the right and the shape of the lower jaw was altered. My oral surgeon refuses to provide me with extra details of the second surgery (such as how many mm my chin was moved and in which direction, etc.) I just feel and see that something is wrong with my face now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is me now

Sorry for the delay. Your question is beyond my scope and hence I am opting out and opening it up for the other experts.