LadyDMD, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Dentist at Chatham Dental Care

I have a dull pain on the left side of my mouth that is only

Customer Question

I have a dull pain on the left side of my mouth that is only noticeable at night when I lay down. It does not radiate from a specific tooth but is the whole left side. There is slight swelling on my upper gums but very slight and no sensitivity to touch. My insurance does not kick in for a few weeks so trying to avoid the dentist. Any ideas what this might be?
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At night the pain eventually turns into a throbbing pain. if I rinse my mouth with cool water is relieves the pain for about 20 minutes before it starts again
Expert:  LadyDMD replied 4 months ago.

My advise is that you need have some xrays done in that area. Most likely you will be prescribed a antibiotic. Symptoms are common with the start of a abbess. It subsides but comes back because it my be draining.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what is an abbess?
Expert:  LadyDMD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, an abbess is an infection. In your case it could be from a decaying root under a tooth. It drains and that is when it feels better. A doctor will give you an antibiotic that will kill the infection.

Expert:  LadyDMD replied 4 months ago.

If I have helped you, please do not forget to rate my service.