Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I have a lump under my tongue it seems and it's on the side

Customer Question

I have a lump under my tongue it seems and it's on the side of my tongue. It overlaps my teeth and is extremely uncomfortable. It hurts to talk, swallow, and chew. I have no idea what this is and couldn't find an answer elsewhere. Here is an image of it...
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 5 months ago.
Please provide additional information: how long have you had this lump? Has it changed in any way (size, color, shape) since you first noticed it? What is its consistency (soft, rubbery, hard, movable, compressible)? This information will allow me to provide a more accurate and relevant response...