Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I have a tiny hole in the roof of my mouth, I just noticed

Customer Question

I have a tiny hole in the roof of my mouth, I just noticed it last week but for the past month I have been suffering from a serious sinus infection and ear infection. Can my sinus infection cause this? What can I do to go about fixing the problem?
JA: The Dentist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 6 months ago.
Hello there,A sinus infection can cause an issue such as you've described. It is known as an oromaxillary fistula. There are several methods of surgical repair if deemed necessary. Often, a flap of the palate tissue is stretched over the fistula (hole). Sometimes a small piece of medical foil is used. In your case, if the hole is tiny, this may not be necessary. My recommendation would be to consult with an oral surgeon. He can assess the issue and discuss your specific options.Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating for my effort. Be well, Dr Shernan
Do you need additional information to answer your question ?