LadyDMD
LadyDMD, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Dentist at Chatham Dental Care
94231653

I have had my wisdom teeth removed about 6 weeks ago. A sharp

Customer Question

I have had my wisdom teeth removed about 6 weeks ago. A sharp bone was cutting at my tongue on the right side and I went back to the surgeon and he ground it down and sutured it, but I still have some of my jaw bone sticking out of my gum in the back and it throbs. My other dentist said IT'S NOT good to have this bone exposed and he has to stretch the gum over my jaw bone which is scheduled this morning. It doesn't look like there's enough gum to stretch. I have pain the right side of my head and behind the ear and into the neck. Is that what is causing the pain and what can I expect this morning?
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: I have my jaw bone sticking out of my gum on the right side in the back after wisdom tooth extraction. This will be my 3rd surgery t correct this and I was told he would stretch the gum over the jaw bone but there isn't much gum tissue to stretch that much. what can I expect?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My appointment with the oral surgeon is in 1 1/2 hours so a day later will not help. Someone will have to answer my question asap. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LadyDMD replied 6 months ago.
This is not a big deal to fix. I do a lot of oral surgeries and see this frequently. Simply take the bone down beneath the gum and suture, and if a suture is not possible, a simple packing with dry socket paste will keep the pain away. It's easy.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the pain in my neck and right side of my face caused from what?
Expert:  LadyDMD replied 6 months ago.
Sorry to say, this could be caused by many reasons. Taking care of the bone should make a difference. One thing at a time.
Expert:  LadyDMD replied 6 months ago.
Your oral surgeon should know what needs to be done, after which you should in time feel better.