Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Reddish patch appeared on the inside of my cheek about a

Customer Question

Reddish patch appeared on the inside of my cheek about a week and a half ago. Please refer to attached image. It is not painful and does not seem to be bleeding. When my tongue rubs over it, there is a slight metallic taste. What could be the cause?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Have you gotten such a patch any time in the past? Did you eat or drink anything out of the ordinary a week and half ago? Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't gotten a patch like this before. I don't remember eating anything odd, but I have recently begun chewing all my food on the side of the mouth with the patch (before I knew the patch existed). I also tend to bite my cheek sometimes, but I'm not sure that I did that.
Hello, Thanks for the additional information. It appears to me a simple erythematous (red) patch due to cheek bite or excessive friction against very hot food debris. That is, this could be a simple thermal burn. That said, all suspicious red lesions should be biopsied after a certain period if they do not heal. Based on my experience with such lesions, the red patch you have s not dangerous at all. However, if it remains after 3 more weeks, please see an Oral Surgeon for a biopsy. Till then, eat more of cold , soft, sweet food. Avoid hard, hot and spicy food or drink. Do not gargle with Listering or any such mouthwash. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise. Good Luck ! Regards,Dr. Behere
Hello, Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !If you have any further question, do write back! Regards,Dr. Behere