Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

I have a tooth infection and have been taking Medicine for

Customer Question

I have a tooth infection and have been taking Medicine for it for 3 days now. I noticed my upper neck is swollen, is that normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 5 months ago.
Good question... While it is not really anything that is really common, it certainly is something that can and does happen. In particular, with the tooth being a rear tooth. I'd try to get to your Dentist which you prefer as soon as possible, take pain meds, if needed, and you may be in need of an antibiotic - just another reason to see your Dentist to get the antibiotic. So summarizing: I'd get to your Dentist of choice pretty quick, so the swelling and or other problems can be addressed, and before your symptoms and or others get 'potentially' worse. I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other concerns - OK? Dr. Rampton
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My dentist given me Amoxililon 500 ml to take 3 times a day to get rid of the iffection and swelling. Just wondering if the pills will also take care of the swelling in on my upper neck under my jaw?
Amoxicillin is a good one to do what you want. It is meant to take care of the swelling, yes. I'd keep taking it. Likely it will reduce the swelling. But, 'do' keep in touch with your Dentist should things go 'south'. Hopefully though that will NOT happen. Dr. Rampton Sorry, last night I went to bed.
How is the swelling? Any better yet at all? Dr. Rampton *Please let me know how I might be able to assist you more please - OK?