Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

My crown w/ post has just come out. Are you able

Customer Question

Hello... My crown w/ post has just come out. Are you able to tell me if it can be re-issued in place or am I looking at another $1500? It appears unharmed. Thank you
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 6 months ago.
Hi Elizabeth,There is a very good possibility that the crown/post can be recemented. Your tooth would have to be evaluated by your dentist to be sure that the crown did not come out because of a fracture and came out only because of a cement issue. Most of the time they are just cemented again with a different stronger cement. Please do not try to put the crown back in yourself!! That would create more problems for your dentist. Just call your dentist and they should see you the same day you call and do it for you. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. Please leave a positive rating for that is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.
Hi, did you need more information?