Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

Are lumps on inside of lower jaw anything to worry about JA:

Customer Question

Are lumps on inside of lower jaw anything to worry about
JA: The Dentist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: There is a smaller one on the left side...larger one on the right side that is uncomfortable with a small one right next to it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: My mouth is pretty dry usually..I have the feeling of something caught in my throat when I eat or drink
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 7 months ago.
I have what (I believe) what you have as well. I'm referring to "lingual tori". You may want to "google that and see a visual for making certain. But it sounds, from the information you sent me, like that is what you likely are referring to. If so: They are harmless. Reports vary, but about 6% of us have them. They are essentially boney growths, that have been there for years. They usually do not tend to increase in growth much - if any. So, as a rule of thumb, they generally NEVER need to be dealt with or worried about. There are a slight few exceptions, but that is rare, such as if a person needed a partial denture, and the tori were in the way. Then, they might have to be removed, etc. Likely though, nothing to be concerned with. I hope this helps you! *PS: please do let me know if you have any additional concerns - OK ? Dr. Rampton