Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Back molar rotted so bad it has holes and cracks in it. What

Customer Question

Back molar rotted so bad it has holes and cracks in it. What would the procedure be to get this replaced? There is no pain so I think the nerve is dead
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.
It really depends on whether the tooth is restorable or not.If it is, root canal therapy and a crown may be all that you need.If the tooth is not restorable and needs to be extracted,depending on what tooth it is,you may just need an extraction.If it needs to be replaced,it can be done with a bridge or an implant.There is always the possibility of a removable partial.I would need to see the xrays of your teeth to be able to give you a more specific answer.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.
Is there anything else that I can help you with?Do you need more specifics about implants or bridgework?