Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

I have white spots on my tongue, lips and there is a round

Customer Question

I have white spots on my tongue, lips and there is a round white looks like a puss ball in the roof of my mouth, some discomfort when swallowing
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 5 months ago.
Hello there, Unfortunately, there are many issues that have symptoms similar to those you have described. But, in all likelihood you have an infection. It could be a fungal infection, such as Oral thrush, which is caused by excessive presence of Candida Albicans. You could also have a viral infection, from Herpes or another virus. The symptoms could be due to a bacterial infection. But the important thing, particularly if you now have discomfort when swallowing, is seeking an accurate diagnosis and suitable treatment. If your signs and symptoms have changed since visiting the the clinic last month (spots on neck arms and hands have disappeared) you should visit the clinic again If they are unable to diagnose your problem you should be referred to a clinic better suited to definitively diagnose and treat you - even if it means the inconvenience of further travel. You have an issue that probably should not be ignored and must be identified to insure your health Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan