Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I have a chipped tooth in a tooth that was filled. Lately

Customer Question

I have a chipped tooth in a tooth that was filled. Lately I have been experiencing a strange painless vibration near or at the site of this tooth. I'm fearful as to what this is... I'm 58 yrs old and have never experienced this before
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 8 months ago.
Hello there, There is no shortage of possibilities to the cause of the vibration sensation. It is possible that you may be grinding on your teeth - possibly during sleep. This can cause such a sensation and can also my chipping more likely. It is also possible that there is inflammation in the tooth socket causing the ligaments that hold the tooth in the socket to produce this sensation. If the tooth is chipped, it does need to be addressed. The best thing to do is to call your dentist for an evaluation so that the issue can be resolved and not get any worse.Be well,Dr Shernan
Do you need additional information ? I'm here to help - and happy to do so. Dr Shernan