Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My gums are suddenly really sore mostly the front and they

Customer Question

My gums are suddenly really sore mostly the front and they bleed lots when I brush. They stay sore or tender throughout the day/night
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: The gums became sore two weeks ago they now bleed badly when I brush and it actually hurts to brush at all now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: Just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 12 months ago.
Hello there, Sore, bleeding gums are a clear sign of gingivitis. This is an issue where there is inflammation of the gingiva (gums). This results in pain and bleeding. It generally develops slowly, over time. But there can also be an acute (rapid) onset, determined by many factors. Generally gingivitis is caused by plaque, food, or irritants that remain around the gums over time. There can be accompanying bone loss if left untreated for a prolonged period, which can threaten the health of the teeth. The best thing to do is to have your dentist perform a clinical exam and provide a definitive diagnosis.Sometimes a simple cleaning can make a world of difference, If necessary, treatment can be performed using a local anesthetic, such as novacaine. It is important to seek treatment as early as possible, since your condition will worsen. You can intervene now and, not only restore your dental health, but potentially save your teeth over time. Be good to yourself. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here. Be well, Dr Shernan
Hi Bill, Do you need additional information to answer your question ? I'm here to help - and happy to do so. If not, I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan 27 Apr 2016, 10:02 AM Offer Premium Service