Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I have a bridge that I haven't worn while. When I put

Customer Question

I have a bridge that I haven't worn for a while. When I put it in now it hurts. Is there any way it can be adjusted to fit?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 7 months ago.
Hi Sallie, when you speak about a bridge are you referring to a removable appliance like a partial denture? If so, then YES it can most times be adjusted to fit again. When a removable bridge is not worn for awhile there is tooth movement and then when you try to put the appliance back in it behaves like an orthodontic appliance which can cause discomfort. I suggest you call you call your dentist and then ask to have it adjusted to fit again to avoid having to remake the appliance and have added expenses. Hope this helps. If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks
Hi, did you need more information?