How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Root Canal Doctor Your Own Question
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1455
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-50 years of practice, Endodontics Assoc. Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Root Canal Doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bridge that I haven't worn while. When I put

Customer Question

I have a bridge that I haven't worn for a while. When I put it in now it hurts. Is there any way it can be adjusted to fit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sallie, when you speak about a bridge are you referring to a removable appliance like a partial denture? If so, then YES it can most times be adjusted to fit again. When a removable bridge is not worn for awhile there is tooth movement and then when you try to put the appliance back in it behaves like an orthodontic appliance which can cause discomfort. I suggest you call you call your dentist and then ask to have it adjusted to fit again to avoid having to remake the appliance and have added expenses. Hope this helps. If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, did you need more information?