Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a tiny round pimple like bump on roof of my mouth for several days and it's worrYONG me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 10 months ago.
Hello there, Can you give me any additional information ? Is it painful ? Is it red, white ? Is it near a tooth that has any visible dental problem ?If you can send a picture it may be helpful. Dr Shernan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's in middle of roof of the mouth, tiny pimp like. It is red. I think it is in soft Palate just when hard palate ends.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is picture but not too clear.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I rub my tongue on I feel it a little but not really much pain at all.
Hello there, The picture was helpful. I certainly understand your concern. But this does not appear to be a serious condition. People are often concerned about cancer. This does not in any way resemble a cancerous issue. From the appearance, this bump looks like something known as a "mucocele". This is a type of harmless fluid filled cyst that can occur, often on the "soft palate", where yours is located. Mucocele's generally are not painful. If it isn't bothersome, it can be left alone and perhaps evaluated by your dentist at your next visit. If it gets larger, it can be removed by an oral surgeon by performing a minor procedure. I would recommend waiting for about ten days or so to see if it changes in size or bothers you. If you find it is interfering with eating, etc, I would recommend consulting with an oral surgeon for treatment options. But you need not be worried. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I would very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I receive credit for my work here. Be well, Dr Shernan