Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

Can keflex help tooth and gum infection JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

Can keflex help tooth and gum infection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The gum around my teeth and underneath my tongue is extremely painful. Under my chin and cheek is very swollen, plus,my lip is,numb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.
Hello there,Keflex is often prescribed for tooth abscess as well as gum infection. But it is important that your dentist diagnose the condition before taking Keflex, or any antibiotic. And it's also important that the entire dosage be taken as directed. Taking a partial dosage can create additional health issues - sometimes more difficult to cure than the original issue. So it would be wise to you caution when taking antibiotics and follow instructions. From your description you have an abscess that is worsening. It would be wise to see a dentist as this can become a generalized health issue.Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it common for the whole gum and jaw bone to become inflamed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
And under tongue, also what could be making me lip numb and also chin?
Hello,It happens. It's likely an indication of a larger are of infection - probably gum (ginigval / periodontal) infection. Swelling can put pressure on nerves, causing numbness. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but it's an indication of an infection that needs examination and treatment. As mentioned, you would be wise to see a dentist as soon as possible - this can become a generalized health issue. If you need additional information to answer your question just ask.Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. Be well,Dr Shernan
Do you need additional information to answer your qusetion ? I'm here.Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort.Be well,Dr Shernan