Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: RC and retreat and then apico on #9. I still have discomfort but CT shows perhaps/maybe resorption but no cracks. Oral surgeon suggested 3 months to see if it self resolves. It's improved but by no means resolved. Endo wants to re-apico. Prothesdontist wants to extract. Wait longer? Go for 2nd apico? Extract?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.
Hello there,Waiting for complete resolution of the pain can be a frustrating and unpleasant experience. And resolution and healing sometimes takes more than three months, unfortunately. The lack of cracks is a very good sign. Generally, unless there is agreement among all parties (the dentist, endodontist, prosthodontist and, most importantly : the patient), the best course of action is to give it time. This approach is contingent upon :1. Noticeable improvement - even if gradual2.A tolerable level of discomfort. Saving a tooth is better than losing a tooth. But extraction may be inevitable. Only time and hopefully, increasing comfort, will tell. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. I would also be happy to arrange a phone consultation if you would prefer. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort, That is how I am paid for my work here. Be well, Dr Shernan
Do you need additional information to answer your question ? Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan