Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

How can I get any help as result of endodontic file in le

Customer Question

how can I get any help for tinnitus as result of endodontic file in left m,ax sinusroot canal left max sinusx ,left file in l max sinusx, unknown to me, 1 yr of sinus infections ,subsequent left sinus syrgery, rt eaR HOLE RT TYMPANOLASTY, NOW TINNITUS RT EUSTACHOION TUIBE BLOCKRD
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, I'm sorry for your issue. I know that tinnitus can be terriblt frustrating. If you have an endodontic file in your maxillary sinus, it can likely be removed surgically by an oral surgeon. While this step may be beyond what you wish to do, it may well be worth your while arranging a consult with an oral surgeon to determine the feasibility and likely success of the procedure. It is, of course, important to be sure that the file is the cause of your tinnitus. You've likely confirmed this already. If not, you might want to rule out other possible causes, such an overly "high" restoration in the area of the blocked eustachian tube and sinus - an occasional cause of tinnitus. Bruxism, grinding and clenching of the teeth is also a common cause of tinnitus. This can be addressed with a night guard fabricated by a dentist. I have a patient whose severe tinnitus problem was largely solved this way. But I'd imagine you've looked into the matter already and have ruled out those possibilities. I would recommend getting a consult to determine whether or not surgical removal of the endodontic file is feasible - and if it's something that you'd like to follow through with. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Be well, Dr Shernan
Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan
Do you need additional information to answer your question ? Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan