Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I have black spot above my 3rd tooth from the front I

Customer Question

Hello I have black spot above my 3rd tooth from the front I also on the same tooth the other side it looks like the tooth chipped down n the gum is showing and starting to have a black spot on top
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Anything else I can tell the Dentist before I connect you two?
Customer: Just wondering what the cause is and if it can be fixed with a filling
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.
Hello there, If you can send a picture I'll evaluate it and perhaps have a better sense of the issue. But from your description, you probably have either staining or decay (a cavity). If there is no pain and the staining or decay is fairly new, there's an excellent chance that these areas can be repaired with a filling. But it would be wise to see a dentist soon, as these issues tend to get worse - and costlier.Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I would very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here. Be well, Dr Shernan
Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. I'm here to help -and happy to do so. Otherwise I would very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work here.Be well,Dr Shernan