Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

Im having really bad tooth pain and have already taken ib prophrin

Customer Question

im having really bad tooth pain and have already taken ib prophrin and salt rinses and ice. i have decayed tooth what else can i do for pain that extends up into eye
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. You seem to have tried almost everything, the best option for you would be to see a dentist ASAP. However, there are a couple of things you could do till then: 1. Take Tylenol in this specific fashion: Switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease. 2. If your tooth has a hole in it, try the “Toothache Drops” are available at your pharmacy and do not require a prescription. they contain clove oil which is very soothing to a tooth. Place 2 drops on a pellet of cotton and place the pellet in the tooth for some time. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck ! Regards,Dr. Behere
Hello,Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !If you have any further question, do write back! Regards,Dr. Behere