Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran

My crown fell out. I went and bought dental adhesive, but I

Customer Question

My crown fell out. I went and bought dental adhesive, but I tried fitting the tooth back in its place (without adhesive) and it doesn't seem to fit. I'm worried about leaving the hole exposed in my mouth. I'm visiting CA from CO and will be returning tomorrow.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 6 months ago.
Hi, so sorry your crown came off. If it does not fit back in place easily it would be ok to just leave it off until you get home and see your dentist. You do not want to force it into place. You could cause a problem that would initiate some discomfort. I assume you are symptom free and just avoid eating or chewing anything hard on the tooth and also avoid hot and cold foods as well. You can call your dentist in CO and let them know what has happened and schedule an appointment so that they can determine if the crown can still be saved and used. So no need to worry just be careful what you bite on on that side. You will be just fine. Hope this helps. If you need more information please let me know. Please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks and have a safe trip home.