Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My name is ***** ***** Plummer. I have had a tooth abscess

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Plummer. I have had a tooth abscess and have been taking antibiotics I noticed a lump in my neck that concerns me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just a small lump in the back bottom right side of my neck. I have had a abscess for quite a while and I am taking antibiotics now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 8 months ago.
Hello there,The lump in your neck may well be related to your abscessed tooth. There are lymph nodes in the neck area that can feel swollen e working in response to infection in the area, such as an abscessed tooth. The antibiotics that you have been taking may not be adequate to effectively contain the infection related to your tooth at this stage. It would be wise to consult with your dentist for an in office examination and treatment for your issue. The treatment may involve a root canal or extraction - or perhaps something simpler. Any treatment choice is yours to make, of course. But it is in your best interest to pursue treatment for your issue as soon as you're able. Based on your description, it doesn't sound like you are in imminent general health don't wait. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my wo. Be well,Dr Shernan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks so much, first for your time and also your expertise, I will definetly follow up with my dentist.
Happy to help in any way I can - really. I'm here if you need. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. If not, I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work.Be well,Dr Shernan
Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. If not, I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work.Be well,Dr Shernan
I'm glad you were happy with my effort and information. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. If not, I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid for my work.Be well, Dr Shernan