Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

Pearl JA: How can we help? Customer: I am experiencing

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: How can we help?
Customer: I am experiencing a small moving lump under my lower lip, painless.
JA: OK. The Dentist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: long back I bit my mouth, it cured and this lump appeared.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dentist before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the expected delay ?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. The lump is a mucocele. Mucoceles occur when the ducts of the minor salivary glands in the lower lip get severed due to lip biting. This leads to an escape of saliva which pushes the overlying tissues upwards, causing a blister. Superficial mucoceles generally resolve in a short time, but if you have had it for 4 weeks or more, some minor surgical care might be needed.A simple excision of the blister would suffice, since it appears to be a superficial mucocele. I would like you to read this excellent article on mucoceles: this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise. Good Luck ! Regards,Dr. Behere
Hello,Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !If you have any further question, do write back! Regards,Dr. Behere