Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I was working out in the yard yesterday with my grandmother

Customer Question

I was working out in the yard yesterday with my grandmother and I was biting the inside of my bot***** *****p and when I woke up this morning, my bot***** *****p where I had been biting was swollen, how can I get the swelling to go down now?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 8 months ago.
Hi Kelsey, sorry you are now swollen. Unfortunately, you will have to wait a couple of days for the swelling to subside. The broken blood vessels and the ensuing fluid buildup which causes the swelling has to be eliminated by your body and that just takes time. Avoid sun exposure because that will just prolong the swelling as well as any warm compresses on the outside of your face. Hang in there because it takes 2-3 days for the swelling to peak and then by days 4-5 everything begins to return to normal. If the swelling is not real bad it will respond sooner but that is the way the body heals after trauma. I wish I could give a magic bullet but there is none. Sorry!! Hope this helps you manage your issue. If you have more concerns please let me know. If not, please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks.
Hi Kelsey, how are you doing? Has your swelling started to go down?