Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

I am having really bad pain in my lower jaw I need to have

Customer Question

Hello I am having really bad pain in my lower jaw I need to have teeth removed but they can't get me in and the pain is real bad
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you call meds in for this damn pain
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.

Hello there,

I'm sorry for your pain,

It is often possible for your dentist to call in a prescription for a stronger medication to your pharmacy if he or she follows up by sending a "hard copy" of the prescription. I would strongly recommend calling their office and explaining the severity of your pain. If you are an existing patient they should be able to accommodate you on an emergency basis. There is no reason that you should need to suffer this sort of pain. If they cannot see you, I would suggest visiting another clinic.

I hope you feel better very soon,

Dr shernan

BTW - If you do not have a history of peptic ulcer or liver disease, you can take a combination of Advil and Tylenol

as follows : Alternate every 3-4 hours between 400mg of Advil and 2 extra strength Tylenol. This combination can be very effective for pain management for limited periods of time. But the best idea would be to contact your dentist office for instuctions regarding immediate care on an emergency basis. They should not require you to wait needlessly for relief of your pain. If not, it would be wise to call another dental clinic.

Be well,

Dr Shernan