Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My daughter has 2 large bubbles of her top and bottom lip,

Customer Question

My daughter has 2 large white bubbles of her top and bot***** *****p
JA: OK. The Dentist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: How can I send an image
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 11 months ago.

Hello there,

Are you able to send a picture of the affected area ?

Dr Shernan

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please see pictures attached.

How old is your daughter ?

Dr Shernan

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She is 4 in May

Hello there,

I'm so sorry for your little girl's problem,

It appears that your daughter has a cold sore due to the Herpes simplex virus. I would recommend a consult with her physician to confirm this definitively. This is a contagious condition, so avoiding contact with the area is very important. These blisters tend to last for about ten days. They tend to be itchy initially. this is followed by some discomfort. There are medications such as Abreva and Zovirex that can shorten the duration of the blister. But a consult with her Pediatrician would be wise.

I hope your daughter is feeling 100% very soon.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. that is how I am paid.

Be well - both you and your daughter,

Dr Shernan

BTW - Sometimes Herpes sores can cause an overall feeling of malaise - weakness and illness, as in a viral cold. This can be more pronounced if this is her first episode.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question about your daughter's issue. Otherwise I would very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid.

I hope she's better very soon.

Dr Shernan

I hope your daughter has received good care.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question about your daughter's issue - I'm here to help and happy to do so. If not, I would very much appreciate a positive rating for my effort. That is how I am paid.

I hope she's better very soon.

Dr Shernan