Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

Are you a dentist, somewhat loose tooth no pain unless I

Customer Question

are you a dentist
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: somewhat loose tooth no pain unless I push but when I drink cold water I get a nerve pain sensation under that tooth is it normal for nerve to radiate to other places
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.

Hello there,

When a tooth causes significant pain it is not uncommon for the pain to radiate, causing an issue known as "referred pain". When this occurs it can be difficult for a person to determine the exact source of the pain. It sounds like, in your case, you know the tooth that is causing your pain.

Let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. If not, a positive rating would be much appreciated - that is how I am paid for my effort.

Be well,

Dr Shernan