Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

Got the bill tooth #7 code D2332 surf DLF and MLF cost

Customer Question

got the bill for the tooth #7 code D2332 surf DLF and MLF cost 266.00 and 266.00,not sure it is right
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 12 months ago.

Let me list things individually:

#7 - is the tooth number

D2332 - means a 3 surface tooth colored filling in a front tooth

Since you have two D2332 charges, there were two separate fillings on the tooth (this happens sometimes)

The fee - of $266 x 2 - is what the Dentist charged you

_______________________________________

I realize , as you do, that Dentistry is expensive. Just a thought... It is very common for people to ask if there is a cash discount, or a senior's discount, or a good patient discount, or discount for "anything"! Very often, if you ask the Dentist, or ask the receptionist to ask the Dentist - he or she will give you a discount. In fact almost always. It is done quite frequently, and you'll not be out of the norm for asking. Heck, I've discounted about $20,000 annually for well over the past 20 years plus. I hope this may help you. Best Regards, *****

* If any further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask - OK?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I still did not get the answer for DLT and MLF what that's mean
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
do you need 2 visit for resin one surface anterior #6

Good questions!

DLF, means distal lingual facial (the 3 surfaces of the filling

MLF, means mesial lingual facial (the 3 surfaces of the filling)

And both fillings would be ideally be both done on the same day (1 visit), whether it is #6 or #7 involved with fillings) so you'd NOT have to be numbed twice! I hope this helps you. Dr. Rampton I'd suggest possibly asking your Dentist about a possible discount...?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I ask for the tooth #6 when you have just resin one surface, what he is doing that he needs 2 visit when is justD2330-one resin
I know that he can do in 1 visit -less pain for me and I don't need to be numb twice-I'm not stupid.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
by the way your explanation of DLF -distal lingual facial I can find on the internet the same with MLF -mesial lingual facial and resin-three surface I know is three filling

Ma'am no one is implying anything. I am only striving to answer your questions. I don't know you and your level of Dental knowledge, so I can & try to only do my best.

With regards to #6 needing one or two visits;

Typically and ideally, it would be prudent to do such a filling in 1 visit. If your Dentist is using 2 visits, he or she must have seen something they didn't like, and perhaps wanted to touch up the filling better, or at least that is what I would presume they would be doing if they worked on tooth #6 twice as opposed to once only. If they worked on it twice, they shouldn't be charging you to refill the same filling on the same tooth, from my perspective.