khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I need some help, few years off and on I have a tooth on the

Customer Question

I need some help, for a few years off and on I have a tooth on the upper left side that will hurt for a few days and then I can go weeks and be fine, I can't eat anything cold or sweet on that side. I went to the dentist a few months ago and I was supposed to go back to see a endodontist I think to see if I need root canal and I never went back but I have an appointment Monday to see the endodontist, also when I had gone to the dentist I was having issues with my tongue being inflamed on both sides and feeling raw and sore, I'm worried that this is something really bad!! I am a smoker with bad anxiety for which I'm on Zoloft for. Can someone help me with this??!!!
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Your tooth is unrelated to what is happening on your tongue . The tooth problem can be as simple as your bite being off and your symptoms do not warrant any worry. Do you have pictures of your tongue that you can upload? Do you have any X-rays of your mouth that you can upload?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can take pictures

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was at the dentist for my tooth a few months back, i was supposed to follow up with the endodontist last time but didnt, I have an appointment on Monday to see the Endodontist to see if i need just a filling or root canal. I am so worried about this!!

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If you needed to see an endodontist,you would have known by now.Infected teeth don't just get better ,they get worse.Your dentist should have the skills to be able to tell this.The symptoms that you described are not the symptoms of a need for an endodontist.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out here because of your previous history of not accepting answers.I will let one of the other experts help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ARE YOU THERE?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
I am opting out so that another expert can help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WHY?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you have pain in the tongue? Any other symptoms? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?