Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I just got a tooth pulled on left lower jaw. the bone is

Customer Question

i just got a tooth pulled on left lower jaw. the bone is sticking out and the gums are open . what do I do and how long can I leave it like this without risk such as infection . I have a compressed fracture in my back so I cant go back to dentist and sit for any procedure .
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.

How long ago was the tooth extracted? Do you have any swelling? These sockets take six weeks to close and they heal from the bottom up.Can you upload a picture of this area? Many people think that their sockets look abnormal but the appearance of a fresh extraction socket can be confusing.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.

Are you still there?