Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I had the 2nd treatment for a molar root canal on Thursday

Customer Question

Hi I had the 2nd treatment for a molar root canal on Thursday and have had pain ever since. the pain is now 10/10. I do not have an after hrs ph number for the dentist & he is not in the ph book.
I live in a rural location 25km from town 3hr from the city (Perth)
I am aware this tooth does not have any nerve ending, hence root canal, ?could the dentist have drilled into my jaw? or?infection as a result of my treatment.
In my home we do have cephalexin 500mg. I have only taken panadol & it is not covering my pain
What are your thoughts?
regards ***** ***** age 48yr (drugs taken. nil)
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any swelling or did you have swelling prior to the root canal treatment? Are you sensitive to hot or cold? Does biting pressure hurt the tooth?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there.