Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, 5 years experience in the field of General Surgery and Emergency Medicine and OMFS.

I have dental implants on my upper right side of my mouth 9

Customer Question

I have dental implants on my upper right side of my mouth for about 9 years. I have had absolutely no problems with it. My upper right side vibrates when I walk. I also have been having coughing and allergy problems for about two weeks. I don't know if that has something to do with this.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

No, the allergy and the coughing is definitely not due to the presence of the implants and is most likely due to an irritant or allergen like dust etc.

The vibration of the upper right side should be checked by your dentist. Implants in the maxilla (upper jaw) are under the influence of gravity all the time and over time, bone resorption can cause the sockets in which the implants are screwed to loosen and cause vibration whole walking or jerky movements.

Your dentist can evaluate and give a definite answer in just one visit and an x ray can confirm, if required.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.