Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

But I cannot afford a private OS and the clinic has been

Customer Question

but I cannot afford a private OS and the clinic has been seeing me three times already. I would prefer a private OS but what else can I do?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 8 months ago.

You could try a dental school if there is one near you. That way you would be seeing someone who can follow you and see that you are treated properly with continuity.

Here are other options for care:

1. Dental schools:

www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html

Dental schools charge far less than private practice however it does take more time to complete.

2. Clinics (free and low cost) Discounted dental services and dental workshops that offer free or

discounted/reduced services. But you still need to see same dentist each time! This goes for all the ones listed below.

www.freemedicalcamps.com/

3. Freedentalcare.com

4. Local dental society or :

http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx

They would be able to direct you to Foundations and Charitable outlets that may offer dental services.

5. Volunteer dentists and hygienists providing free care:

Dentistryfromtheheart.org

(###) ###-####/p>

Just be sure to specify that you need an Oral Surgeon due to the complicated history you have because seeing a GP would not be in your best interest. Hopefully one of the above possibilities will work for you.