Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

Can a loose front bottom tooth be fixed

Customer Question

Can a loose front bottom tooth be fixed
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.

Hello there,

If a natural lower front tooth is loose, it might be able to be fixed. It depends on why the tooth is loose and how severe the problem is. If a tooth is loose due to recent trauma (being struck, for example), it can often heal well and regain tight, strong security in the bone. But if the tooth is very loose due to bone loss, treatment, while possible, may be more complicated. I think it would be wise to have your dentist examine the tooth with the aid of xrays to see what the underlying cause for the looseness is - and discuss your best options for treatment.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information to answer your question. If not, a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan