Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD

Just wanted to know from the picture I attached do my gums

Customer Question

Just wanted to know from the picture I attached do my gums look healthy, I'll admit I didn't take care of my teeth the way I was supposed to before but I've bee doing better
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This was 2 weeks ago I had sent I believe you answered the question it's pretty much gone
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 7 months ago.

Hello there - I'm glad to see that the area over your front tooth that we discussed recently has improved.

From the picture it appears that you do have areas on the margins of your gums (gingiva) that are red and inflamed. This is indicative of gingivitis. You may notice bleeding when you brush your teeth. Depending on the degree of gingivitis, returning your gums to good health may be as simple as seeing your dentist for a good cleaning and diagnosis, brushing and flossing at least once per day. And make sure you're concentrating on the "margins" of the gums when you brush - the area where the gums meet the teeth. Rinsing with a cup of warm water and a teaspoon of salt my also reduce the inflammation. Eliminating this inflammation is important, because, over time, inflammation causes the loss of the bone that supports your teeth.

It's good to hear that you're motivated to take better care of your oral health. It's important to start new, better habits so that you can maintain your health for the rest of your life - and you're a young guy.

Let me know if you have additional questions regarding your dental health. I'm here to help - and happy to do so.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

I'm here if you need additional information to answer your question. If not, a positive review would be much appreciated.

Thanks - and be well.

Dr Shernan