Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Dear Dr. Katz, Dear Dr. Katz, I did my tooth extraction 19

Customer Question

Dear Dr. Katz, Dear Dr. Katz, I did my tooth extraction 19 done 3 days before and done bone grafting, the collagen plug looks like its falling out. NO Pain ....is it obvious.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did my tooth extraction tooth #19 bellow , done 3 days before and done bone grafting, looks like the collagen plug looks like its falling out. NO Pain ....is it obvious. I feel its white small spongy small peace which covers the bone grafting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hope its not dangerous
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When i seen tthat peace came out i can see the white spot of almost quarter centimeter and i feel that its grafted bone. Is it require to do bone grafting again.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.

You do not have to get bone grafting done again. The collagen plug is just for protection and the truth is,only about a third of the grafting material provides any benefit.The other important fact is that the bone in the socket will fill in with or without bone grafting.The benefit of placing grafting material in an extraction socket is minimal.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 8 months ago.
Is there anything else that I can help you with.