Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

My issue is with composite veneers, I am needed to do a

Customer Question

Hi im Rosie, my issue is with composite veneers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am needed to do a diagnostic wax up before the veneers are fixed..but the price for it is too high..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Is it always necessary as i know for porcelain veneers its optional
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

It is not always necessary to do a diagnostic wax-up before doing composite veneers. The dentist may feel it is helpful for both yourself and himself to have a more predictable result. But it is not generally done. I have done countless veneer cases and never did a diagnostic wax up. I've had great results for decades. It is an option - a personal choice on the part of your dentist and yourself.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Be well,

dr Shernan

Hi Rosie,

Do you need additional information about your question ? If not a positive rating for my effort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dr Shernan