Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

My father had an xray and they found a dark shadow under one

Customer Question

My father had an xray and they found a dark shadow under one of his teeth. He had a full xray at the hospital And weeks later has a consultants appt. could this be cancer? He has a cancerour mole removed on his face a couple of years ago.
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Is there anything else important you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: My dad had xray which showed a dark shadow under ghost tooth. He now has had an xray at hospital and has a consultants appt. could this be cancer. He had a cancerous mole removed on his face 2 years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Is it possible for you to upload a photo of that X ray here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy the URL of theof the image in your reply.

Regards,

Dr Behere

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm afraid I don't have a copy of the xray. I believe the consultant has this.

Is there any way you can get a copy? Because the nature of your question is such that I will have to take a look at the X ray to give you my diagnosis of the shadow.

Regards,

Dr Behere