Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have pain on and off in a root canal tooth I bit down on

Customer Question

I have pain on and off in a root canal tooth I bit down on hard toast told I has bruised the ligaments advised to take ibuprofen this was 5 weeks ago still not settled. Have had X-rays and been given a gum shield also the tooth in question has been filed down to make my bite more comfortable. Really had enough could it be fractured ?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.

Sadly yes... It could well have a hairline fracture. Of course that's NOT what you want to hear, but it is very possible.

Can you possibly get into your Dentist tomorrow, and have it looked at? One way or another they should be able to assess it's needs/ your pain!